Government of India launched a Nation-wide Mission called Housing for All 2022 (Urban) Mission also known as Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) on 26th June, 2015. The main purpose of the Mission is to cater the housing shortage of Urban India, which is estimated at about 2 crore housing shortage, by 2022 to commemorate the 75th year of India’s Independence. The scheme is envisage to cover 4041 statutory towns with focus on 500 Class – I cities in India.
- States/UTs may decide a cutoff date for eligibility of beneficiary needs to be resident of that urban area.
- Beneficiary defined as a family comprising husband, wife and unmarried children. Further, Beneficiary should not have any pucca house anywhere in India to be eligible to receive support under the mission.
- EWS category defined as a family with income upto Rs. 3 lakh and LIG from Rs. 3-6 lakh.
- Size of EWS house - 30 Sq M., States to have flexibility but Central assistance fixed
- Project approval at state level.
- Aadhaar Card/Bank Account Number/PAN Number (if available) required from beneficiary or a certificate of house ownership from revenue Authority of beneficiary’s native district.
HFA 2022 Mission components:
The HFA Mission will be implemented through four verticals giving option to beneficiaries, ULBs and State Governments. These four verticles are as below:
- "In situ" Rehabilitation of existing slum dwellers using land as a resource through private participation
- Affordable Housing in Partnership
- Subsidy for beneficiary-led individual house construction or enhancement.
- Credit Linked subsidy component is Central Sector Scheme while other 3 to be implemented as Centrally Sponsored Scheme.
The Following city and towns in Mizoram will be covered under HFA
- North Kawnpui
- North Vanlaiphai